Sunday, May 20, 2018

Ramblings from the Heart


Some days chemo provides improved lab values and a string of good days for my Mom.  Other times, chemo is a mean price to pay for life.  First session this time around, Mom was vomiting excessively and convulsing.  Following sessions, she has been prophylactically treated to prevent recurrence of the first cycle.  I am grateful for every good minute!


I have had to stay clear of Mom for almost 2 weeks now as I care for my niece who recently had two live-virus vaccines.  These immunizations will keep all healthy in the long-run, but we can't take any risks that Mom could contract an illness with exposure.  I miss my Mom deeply, and I can't wait to be with her later this week!


The benefit concert the last weekend in April was such an incredible experience.  So many life-long friends and dear family members were there to support.  The music was heart-felt, spiritual, and even emotional.  This was such a gift to our whole family!












The generous owner of Payson Olson's Garden wouldn't let me pay for Mom's Mother's Day hanging flower baskets this year when she heard about Mom's diagnosis.  There are so many thoughtful and giving people in this world!  


Can I just say how much I love Doctor Garner!  He is the ultimate best!  He recommends we not use the "C" (cancer) word or the "T" (terminal) word, and that we focus on living in the moment.  Mom wants to plan sewing days and a "Time-Out for Women" day.  I'm looking forward to helping make these happen!  Garner says my mom does everything with "PANACHE"!



Every day I hope to be more like my mama, and handle my trials with grace and style!

No comments:

Post a Comment